Updated: Jul 4, 2021
What is Python Programming Language?
Python is an object-oriented programming language created by Guido Rossum in 1989. It is ideally designed for rapid prototyping of complex applications. It has interfaces to many OS system calls and libraries and is extensible to C or C++. Many large companies use the Python programming language, including NASA, Google, YouTube, BitTorrent, etc.
Why Learn Python Programming?
Python programming is widely used in Artificial Intelligence, Natural Language Generation, Neural Networks, and other advanced fields of Computer Science. Moreover, Python is one of the most demanded programming languages in the market, so there are huge job opportunities for candidates having knowledge of Python programming.
What will you learn in this Python Tutorial for Beginners?
In this Python for beginners tutorial, you will learn Python installation, variables, Data structure, loops, strings, functions, file handling, Python SciPy, Python JSON, Python with MySQL, matrix, Python List, Python Regex, PyTest, PyQt, multithreading, Python interview questions, and many more interesting Python concepts.
Prerequisites for learning Python Tutorial?
This Python tutorial is designed for absolute beginners for learning Python online. However, if you have basic knowledge of any programming language concepts like loops, functions, etc., it will help you learn Python online easily.
Python Programming Characteristics
1. It provides rich data types and easier to read syntax than any other programming languages
2. It is a platform-independent scripted language with full access to operating system API's
3. Compared to other programming languages, it allows more run-time flexibility
4. It includes the basic text manipulation facilities of Perl and Awk
5. A module in Python may have one or more classes and free functions
6. Libraries in Pythons are cross-platform compatible with Linux, Macintosh, and Windows
7. For building large applications, Python can be compiled to byte-code
8. Python supports functional and structured programming as well as OOP
9. It supports interactive mode that allows interacting Testing and debugging of snippets of code
10. In Python, since there is no compilation step, editing, debugging, and testing are fast.
11. Applications of Python Programming Language
12. Program video games
13. Build Artificial Intelligence algorithms
14. Program various scientific programs such as statistical models
NOTE : I will attach a Github link at the bottom of the blog you can access all the code and do hands on it .
Python Setup and Installation using Pycharm IDE
I gusses you guys to use Pycharm IDE if you guys want other IDE you can chosse as your own also like Spyder, VS code ,Atom etc . Here i will mention steps to setup Pycharm so let's start with it
PyCharm is a cross-platform editor developed by JetBrains. Pycharm provides all the tools you need for productive Python development.
Below are the detailed steps for installing Python and PyCharm
Step 1. To download and install Python, visit the official website of Python https://www.python.org/downloads/ and choose your version. We have chosen Python version 3.9.5
Step 2. Once the download is completed, run the .exe file to install Python. Now click on Install Now.
Step 3. You can see Python installing at this point.
Step 4. When it finishes, you can see a screen that says the Setup was successful. Now click on "Close".
How to Install Pycharm
Here is a step by step process on how to download and install Pycharm IDE on Windows:
Step 1. To download PyCharm visit the website https://www.jetbrains.com/pycharm/download/ and Click the "DOWNLOAD" link under the Community Section.
Step 2. Once the download is complete, run the exe for install PyCharm. The setup wizard should have started. Click “Next”.
Step 3. On the next screen, Change the installation path if required. Click “Next”.
Step 4. On the next screen, you can create a desktop shortcut if you want and click on “Next”.
Step 5. Choose the start menu folder. Keep selected JetBrains and click on “Install”.
Step 6. Wait for the installation to finish.
Step 7. Once installation finished, you should receive a message screen that PyCharm is installed. If you want to go ahead and run it, click the “Run PyCharm Community Edition” box first and click “Finish”.
Step 8. After you click on "Finish," main window of your pycharm IDE will get open.
Create your First Python Program with " Hello World "
Step 1. Open PyCharm Editor. You can see the introductory screen for PyCharm. To create a new project, click on “Create New Project”.
Step 2. You will need to select a location.
You can select the location where you want the project to be created. If you don’t want to change location than keep it as it is but at least change the name from “untitled” to something more meaningful, like “FirstProject”.
PyCharm should have found the Python interpreter you installed earlier.
Next Click the “Create” Button.
Step 3. Now Go up to the “File” menu and select “New”. Next, select “Python File”.
Step 4 A new pop up will appear. Now type the name of the file you want (Here we give “HelloWorld”) and hit “OK”.
Step 5. Now type a simple program - print (‘Hello World!’).
Step 6. Now Go up to the “Run” menu and select “Run” to run your program.
NOTE : So this how you have to work on Pycharm and code will be provided at the bottom of the blog with a Github link you can go and practice all the concept there on basis of question's. This all question are too IMP for you to be expert in python so guys do click the link for practice.
The best way to learn the things is to not just read or see the youtube videos best way is to make question's on that topic that you have learnt. There are too many youtube videos or blog where you can learn python but less no. of blogs are there who give you hands on practice question which are from 0 to Advance. Here I have made a list of assignments which has multiple question's level vise from basic to advance. soo guys trust me if you guys do that you will be expert in python in just some days and then there will be 1 more article available for python projects soo you can make your own project by learning it. soo let's start have a look on the question's that i have selected and made for you guys.
Python assignments OR practice Q's from 0 - advance
1. Write a program to design simple claculater for the following opertors
2. Write a python program to calculate simple intrest.
3. Write a python program to calculate area of circle.
4. Write a python program to calculate area of triangle.
5. Write python program to convert temperature in celsius to fahrenheit.
6. Write python program to calculate area of rectangle.
7. Write a python program to calculate perimeter of a square.
8. Write a python program to calculate circumference of a circle.
9. Write a python program to swap two numbers.
1. Print downward Half-pyramid pattern with star(asterisk.)
2. Print multiplication table from 1 to 10.
1. Take two inputs from the user and check whether they are equal or not.
2. Take 3inputs from the user and check : all are equal, any of two are equal (use and or)
3. Take two numbers and check whether the sum is greater than 5, less than 5 or equal to 5
4. Suppose passing marks of subject is 35. take input of marks from user and check whether it is greater than passing marks or not.
5. Write a python function to find the max of two numbers.
1. Write a python function to find the maximum of three numbers.
2. Write a python program to reverse a string.
3. Write a python function to check whether the number is prime or not.
4. Write a python function to find sum of squares of first n natural numbers.
1. Write a python program to find area of circle using math function.
2. Write a python program to calculate area of regular polygon using math function.
3. Write a python programto find area of segment of a circle formula using math function.
4. Write a python pogram to shuffle list l1=[100,1,2,3,30,40,"hai","hello"].
5. Write a python program to generate random numbers between 1 and 10,000 and difference between each random number is 50.
6. Write a python program to find following using math functions.
1. covert binary number to decimal.
2. generate first n fibonacci series.
3. display multiplication table of k.take k value from user.
4. take 10 integers from keybord using loop nd print their average value on the screen print the following patterns using loop.
5. write a program to find gcd of two numbers.
6. write program that accepts a word from the user and reverse it.
7. write a program to count the number of even nd odd numbers from a series of numbers.
8. write a program that prints all numbers from 0 to 6 except 3 and 6
1. python program to find the square root.
2. python program to check if a number is positive, negative or 0.
3. python program to check leap year
4. python program to print fibonacci sequence.
5. python program to check armstrong number.
6. python progarm to find armstrong number in an interval
1. program to calculate the length of a string.
2. program to find the character frequency in a string.
3. program to get a single string from two given strings, seperated by a space nd swap the 1st character of each string.
4. take input from the user and displays that input back in upper and lower cases.
5. program to remove a new line.
6. program to count occurences of a substring in a string.
7. program to convert a string in a list.
8. program to delete a character.
9. program to print every character of a string entered by user in a new line using loop.
10. program to find the length of a string "refrigerator" without using len function.
1. program that prints integers from to00. but for multiples of 3, print 'fizz' instead of the number and for the multiples of 5, print 'buzz'. for numbers which are multiples of both 3 and 5, print 'fizzbuzz'.
2. program to remove consecutive duplicates from the list.
3. find unique elements in a list.
4. function that checks if a number is in the given range or not (inclusive of high and low).
1. program to get a largest and smallest number from a list.
2. program to remove duplicate from a list.
3. program to check list is empty or not.
4. program to clone or copy a list.
5. Program to print a specified list after removing the 0th,4th and 5th elements.
6. program to shuffle and print a specified list.
7. program to get the difference between two lists.
1. write a python program to read an entire text file.
2. write a python program to read first n lines of a file.
3. Write a Python program to append text to a file and display the text.
4. Write a Python program to read last n lines of a file.
5. Write a Python program to read a file line by line store it into a variable.
6. write a program to read a file line by line store it into a list.
7. write a python program to read a file line by line store it into a array.
8. Write a Python program to count the number of lines in a text file.
9. write a python program to get the file size of a plain file.
10. write a python program to copy the contents of a file into another.
1. python program to create a tuple.
2. program to create a tuple with different data types.
3. program to convert a tuple to a string.
4. program to slice a tuple.
5. program to find the length of a tuple.
6. program to convert tuple to a dictionary.
7. program to reverse a tuple.
8. program to convert a list of tuples into a dictionary.
9. program to convert a list to a tuple.
1. what is dictionary in python? explain with example.
2. program to sum all the items in a list.
3. program to create a list of empty dictionaries.
4. program to concentrate following dictionaries to create a new one.
1. program to convert a tuple to a dictionary.
2. program to convert list of tuples to dictionary.
NOTE : Here is the Github link just click on it (button given below) and do hands on practice for all this question's and become expert in python.
References and credit
Krish Naik - He is an amazing teacher for Data Science you can just visit to his Youtube channel and explore this all concept.
Your feedback is appreciated!
Did you find this Blog helpful? Any suggestions for improvement? Please let me know by filling the contact us form or ping me on LinkedIn .